Homemade Clif Bars
Serving: 10 bars
Adapted from Hammertown
1 1/2 cups puffed rice or puffed wheat cereal
1 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1/4 cup finely chopped, roasted almonds (raw,unsalted)
4 tbsp sucanat
5 tbsp honey
2 tbsp agave nectar
1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
75 grams of protein via vanilla protein powder of choice
1) Combine cereal, oats, flaxseed, dried fruit, almonds, protein powder, and cinnamon in large bowl.
2) Place sucanat, honey, and agave nectar in small sauce pan and heat until thin. Once thin, stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
3) Pour warm, wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir. (I had to use my hands to mix everything together.)
4) Once combined, press mixture into a parchment paper lined pan. 8×8 for thicker bars. 11×7 for thinner bars. (I preferred these bars thinner, it makes you feel like you’re getting to eat more…which is always happy)
5) Place parchment paper over the bars and place a weight of some kind on top of the bars to press them into place.
6) Once cool, cut to 10 bars and enjoy. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.