1) It’s FINALLY cold here in Texas!
2) So Dairy Queen has this $5 meal deal I’ve seen advertised on tv where you get a burger, fries, a drink, and a blizzard…all for $5 dollars! An amazing deal indeed. However the stressful part starts after you’ve order said ‘meal deal’. For you see, what are you supposed to eat first? If you eat the fries first your hamburger will get cold and your blizzard will melt. If you eat the burger first your fries will get cold and you blizzard will melt. If you eat the blizzard first your burger and fries will get cold. You see?! Far too much stress…you might as well just pack your own lunch to avoid all the confusion that $5 is capable of ensuing. Just one more reason to not eat fast food.
3) That being said…it’s important to consume everything in moderation, including moderation.
4) I love my mom. She told me that my Tupperware that I put on the blog is hideous. And then she bought me gorgeous new Tupperware. It has a ice pack that attaches to the lid too. Yay for reducing my risk of getting salmonella.
4) My fingers turn really weird colors. Everywhere that is write is numb. My rheumatologist said it’s called Raynaud’s Disease. Whenever I get cold and my fingers turn a shade of purple/blue/white. I’m not on medication for it because I can still function fine, it’s just my fingers are numb and since it happens a lot of times at the grocery store sometimes it’s hard to get my money out of my wallet. This is why I hate (hate, hate, hate) snow skiing. My fingers and toes go painfully numb no matter how many gloves and hand warmers I have. This is also a great reason to live in Texas…it’s burning hot here more often than it is freezing cold. 5) It should be noted that this past weekend was one of the best weekends ever.
- Friday night: Smashburger + James Bond Movie Date Night
- Saturday: Nutcracker Market…one of my top 1o favorite things in the entire world. I got this chocolate covered cherry & nut mix. So delicious.
- Sunday: Color Run!
Before… During… After… And there were free boxes of protein shakes everywhere! And then we got Chipotle. The end.6) So I made those 6 ingredient healthy cinnamon rolls a couple weeks ago and they were pretty good. But then…I made them again this morning with pumpkin in them. The recipe deserves it’s own post so that will be up by Friday.
7) And now it’s Wednesday and the week is half over. I’m hoping to have my grad school application submitted by Friday…as in two days. This should be interesting. On a positive note, I’m eating Chipotle again tonight.
Topped with Cherry Jelly, Pecans, & Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1) Prepare oatmeal using 1/2 cup quick oats + 1 cup almond milk
2) Stir in 1/2 small melted/caramelized banana (microwave for 30 seconds/place under broiler) + 1 heaping Tbsp pumpkin puree
3) Topped with 1/2 tsp Cherry Jelly + Pecans + Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
This recipe is so simple and you can throw whatever you have in your fridge into it. These are going to be wonderful with Thanksgiving leftover!
1) Whisk together 2 eggs + 1/3 cup greek yogurt + pepper/salt until smooth.
2) To a separate bowl toss together roasted sweet potatoes + cauliflower + chopped onion + halved cherry tomatoes.
3) Pour egg mixture on top of vegetables and mix everything together until evenly distributed.
4) Add in a handful of spinach and mix it in.
5) Pour into 2 greased ramekins and bake at 350F for 50 minutes.
6) Eat. I usually eat them both for lunch topped with some avocado.
1 egg + 1 egg white
2 Corn tortillas spread with Hummus
Topped with avocado, Greek yogurt, sauteed brussels sprout+onions
Next week is Thanksgiving and I CAN NOT WAIT (!) to make these sweet potatoes.