1) So I’m home for Thanksgiving. Always a good thing…unless your front loading washing machine decided to randomly unlock the door during it’s cycle. And then water pours out of it for 1 1/2 hours. Yeah, that would be really unfortunate during the holiday season. But on Monday afternoon, that is what happened. So our entire downstairs was flooded. My dad said water was pouring out of the backdoor when he pulled into the driveway. Unfortunate. I had all these plans to listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies (at the same time) while I baked pumpkin pies and cooked sweet potato dishes but now there are 30 fans in our house trying to dry everything out. And they are so loud. And all the carpet has been ripped out, all the baseboards have been removed and all the furniture is on 2X4′s. So it goes. We’ve been staying out of the house as much as possible or everyone gets grumpy trying to yell over the noise from the fans. Luckily, Thanksgiving is at my grandma’s house. And come hell or high water (literally), I will be making a pumpkin pie tomorrow.
2) A couple days ago I made a fruit smoothie…and then topped it with more fruit. Everything about pomegranates are fun. They’re fun to open. They taste freaking good, like nature’s jelly bean or something. Only downside…at the grocery store I take for freaking ever trying to pick out the one that weighs the most.
3) My boyfriend and I are in a fierce ping pong competition. We are currently tied for the season. Imma win though.
4) I’m sitting in my backyard right now typing up this post and on the other side of our fence my dad has this simply gorgeous garden filled with brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli red cabbage, pumpkins, habaneros, bell peppers, and anaheim peppers. Anyways, right by the garden there is a walking trail and these little boys on bikes just rode by and one of them yelled to his friend, “those are some really cool looking peppers.” Take that, Childhood Obesity.
5) One of the things on the endless list of wonderful things about being home…puppies!
And that’s all I’ve got. Here’s what I’ve been eating!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Topped with a Doughnut
Side note about the doughnuts. I told my dad about them and he was like, “can’t you just leave doughnuts alone?” Umm no.
Quesdilla (with no cheese) & Salad
Quesadilla was filled with
Roasted Acorn Squash
Breakfast Tacos (again)
2 corn tortillas spread with Hummus
Filled with 2 scrambled eggs
chopped cherry tomatoes
I knew these were missing something and I didn’t figure it out until after I finished them…Greek Yogurt!
I wanted something sweet so I made these cookies. I’d give you the recipe but I like you too much and these were less than ideal.
Well Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope your day of eating is wonderful and filled with time with family & friends, platefuls of your grandma’s purple mashmallow dish that you’re still not quite sure what it’s made of, and a non-flooded house:)