Feb 22

Oatmeal Blueberry Breakfast Pizza Cookie Thingy

I’ve learned so much this week.

IMG_1247

For instance, while looking at my new sparkly ring, I’ve learned how much respect I have for hand models.  Like seriously, I do not have very attractive hands.  I’ve never really thought about it before though because well, hands are hands.  They’re just like there.

When someone asks me to send them a picture of the ring I’m like, “uuughh gah…who can I bribe to take a picture with my ring on their finger?”  Preferably someone tan.

IMG_1211

I’ve also learned how to set off the fire alarm.  You preheat the oven to 425F.  Wash some kale leaves.  Tear them into smaller pieces and place them onto a baking sheet.  Then, toss ’em with a little olive oil and salt, place that baking sheet on the tippy top rack in the oven, bake for 15 minutes and voila! After 10 minutes…fire alarm.  And burnt leafy greens.

Luckily, I was planning on serving those kale chips with the strangest and possibly the most delicious sandwich I’ve ever eaten.  So dinner was not a complete loss.  Try that sandwich.  Make the bread and then pile on the hummus + avocado + fried egg.  You will just ahhhhhhh.

IMG_1228

One of the wonderful things about Instagram is that no matter what you post, there’s always going to be someone posting some food combination that’s stranger.  My sister used to say the same thing about college.  She went to school at Belmont and she said in Nashville she could wear any ridiculous combination of clothes because there was always someone wearing something weirder.  We all wanna be hipster, but not too hipster.

IMG_1256

Speaking of weird things, I want to go to a Barre class and I don’t even really know what they are.  Have you been? Was it life changing?

Also, I think Caneel Bay has moved to the top of the honeymoon list.  Again I ask, have you been? Was it life changing?

Something that definitely is life changing…a giant cookie that you top with creamy greek yogurt & peanut butter and then call breakfast.

IMG_1264

Oatmeal Blueberry Breakfast Pizza Cookie

serves 1

1/2 cup oat flour

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp baking powder

1/8 tsp salt

1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1 Tbsp almond milk and let sit 5 minutes)

1 Tbsp honey

2 Tbsp applesauce

1/4 tsp vanilla

1/8 cup blueberries

Toppings:

1/3 cup Chobani greek yogurt, plain

PB Icing = 1 Tbsp peanut butter + 1 Tbsp almond milk

1/2 banana, sliced

1/8 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350F.  Line a cookie sheet with foil and sprinkle with a little oat flour.

In a bowl, combine oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.  In a separate bowl, combine flax egg, honey, applesauce, and vanilla.  Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir to combine.  Gently fold in blueberries.  Roll dough into a ball (if your dough is sticky wet your hands before you roll the dough into a ball in order to prevent sticking.)  Using your hands or a rolling pin, press/roll dough into a circle.  Bake for 12-20 minutes.  Okay, this baking range seems ridiculous but I like things slighlty gooey and delicious so I only baked mine for 10 minutes the second time I made this.  If you bake the pizza cookie for 20 minute you will be able to cut the dough into triangle and pick it up and eat it like a pizza.  But if you only back it for about 12 minutes, you’re gonna need a fork.  Either way it’s good.

Top with some chobani greek yogurt, peanut butter ‘icing,’ bananas and blueberries.  Serve.

IMG_1251

28 Responses to “Oatmeal Blueberry Breakfast Pizza Cookie Thingy”

1. waitarethosecookies — February 22, 2013 @ 10:07 am (#)

Bar classes are… underwhelming! At least, I like lifting heavy things so using 3 lb weights to get an arm “workout” wasn’t really my thing! But… to each his or her own, riiiight? ;)

• Kylie — March 4, 2013 @ 9:47 pm (#)

Really!? People are going all crazy obsessive over how amazing they are haha…just another one of those crazy trends;)

• waitarethosecookies — March 4, 2013 @ 10:12 pm (#)

True true. I know people who love them… buuuut I’m not really one of them! But hey, try it anyway! You never know, right?! And btw this oatmeal cookie thing looks amazing :)

• Kylie — March 4, 2013 @ 10:42 pm (#)

Definitely gonna have to try it just to see what all the fuss is over!

2. Dejon — February 22, 2013 @ 12:03 pm (#)

Hi There, So I’ve been following your blog awhile. I love the ingredient combinations you come up with. I had to comment today for the first time since you mentioned Caneel Bay! I haven’t personally stayed at Caneel Bay, but I just spent a week at Cruz Bay in St.John 2 months ago. I love that place. The first time I went to St.John was a day trip in 2010, and I couldn’t wait to go back! Its all about the natrual beauty. For me I’d say it was life changing in the fact that, it was the first vacation I went on that when I got back, I didn’t feel like I needed to take another vacation. Feel free to email me if you want.

• Kylie — March 4, 2013 @ 9:56 pm (#)

Hi Dejon!!!

Everyone always says, “no man needs a vacation more than he who has just had one.” haha but I’m glad St. John was different!:):):) We’re still in the beginning stages of deciding where to go/planning but if I come up with an question you will be my go to person!!! Thank you, thank you!!!!!!

3. forgottenbeast — February 22, 2013 @ 2:08 pm (#)

Mmm, your cookie thingy looks amazing :) Love hummus+avo+egg for sandwich, that needs to happen in my life! And haha, I think I’ve come to the top of the “weird” pyramid at work and with my friends, so it’s great to come online and find out I’m not quite so odd/alone at the top ;)

• Kylie — March 4, 2013 @ 9:45 pm (#)

Always good to realize you’re not alone…my family still thinks my food choices are nuts haha:)

4. Britta — February 22, 2013 @ 9:20 pm (#)

hahaha I always have to laugh when I read your posts. They are just always SO funny! Cookie looks amazeballs. :D delish!

• Kylie — March 4, 2013 @ 9:43 pm (#)

Hiiii Britta!

Cookie was amazeballs fo sho:))

5. Alice — February 23, 2013 @ 3:23 am (#)

Whoah! I’m sending this to all of my friends as an idea for our next movie night :D

• Kylie — February 23, 2013 @ 8:39 pm (#)

Hi Alice!! You’re the best:) I just wanted to let you know that this is definitely a breakfasty tasting cookie and not a super sweet cookie:) it could still be fun for a movie night but I just wanted to warn you:):)

• Alice — February 24, 2013 @ 2:17 am (#)

Great thank you for the heads up :) Maybe for the morning after then to wake everyone up, everyone always needs a pretty good incentive!

• Kylie — March 4, 2013 @ 9:37 pm (#)

I promise that it’s a good incentive:)

6. Brittany — February 23, 2013 @ 9:55 pm (#)

Hey lady!

Okay so Ive also been dying to go to barre classes, however, Im in Canada and they haven’t come here yet but they have this $15.00 online membership where you can view them on your computer and do the classes that way. ANYWAYS, it looks easy but I am warning you!!! so hard! but in a very good way. Its fun and definitely worth a try.

Also, your blog is freakin amazing! Keep it up!

Britt

• Kylie — March 4, 2013 @ 9:41 pm (#)

Hi Britt!! Thanks for the wonderful, perfect, freakin amazing comment. I have still yet to try a barre class but this Summer (when i’m not in this tiny college town) I’m totally doing it. And side note, I’ve been looking at wedding dresses like all the time lately and one of my favorite ones is from some designer that exclusively makes her dresses in Canada…so I now have a warm fuzzy feeling towards everything Canadian. And now I guess that Includes you. Is that creepy? Haha probably a little;)

7. purabinaha — February 27, 2013 @ 1:00 pm (#)

How wonderful and simple this breakfast idea is! I loved your photography and the recipe is truly a keeper!! http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.in

8. Mary Frances @ The Sweet Tooth Life — April 7, 2013 @ 2:07 pm (#)

This looks amazing! I love greek yogurt, but never thought to use it on a cookie! Especially a healthy breakfast one. Found you via Pinterest and am pinning this. Can’t wait to try!

• Kylie — April 7, 2013 @ 2:52 pm (#)

Ooohh I hope you try it out:):):) Greek yogurt is such a fun substitution for icing!! Let me know how it goes!!

9. Lily — March 1, 2014 @ 9:59 pm (#)

Could this be done with a regular egg? I just don’t have flaxseed on hand and I need a yummy breakfast for tomorrow! I was searching through your blog and this looks delicious, just want to make sure I can make it without the egg replacer.

• Kylie — March 1, 2014 @ 10:44 pm (#)

Hey Lily! I think a regular egg should work fine! It’ll make everything hold together better too! Enjoy!!

10. Mae — October 17, 2014 @ 8:22 am (#)

Excellent recipe. Great way to eat oatmeal as part of my heart healthy diet.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: 56 Healthy Blueberry Recipes to Try This Weekend | Blog Post Directory

2. Pingback: 56 Healthy Blueberry Recipes to Try This Weekend - Panic and Anxiety News Blog | Panic and Anxiety News Blog

3. Pingback: 50 Healthier Peanut Butter Recipes You've Never Tried Before | Elite Journalist

4. Pingback: {Project Recipe} Healthy Oatmeal CC Cookies | Amanda Jarvis