Greek Yogurt Mousse with ‘Graham Cracker’ Crust
This is a breakfast food.
Even with all the mousse and ‘graham cracker’ crust…it’s a breakfast or supa fun snack. All we’ve got going on here is 5 ingredients: greek yogurt (protein), coconut flour (fiber), Kashi cereal (high protein), bananas (hello, it’s a fruit) and pecans (healthy fats). Seeee??! All acceptable breakfast things.
I’m obsessively obsessed with this Cinnamon Crumble Kashi cereal. It tastes like a graham cracker and I can’t get over it. I don’t think I’ve ever poured a bowl of cereal without eating an extra handful of cereal. That goes for all cereals, not just this one.
I think this crust is becoming a ‘thing’ in my life. I’ve had it 2 days in a row and am already dreaming of how to make it thicker so I can make some kind of delicious bars out of it. TBD…i’ll let you know.
This is my absolute favorite kind of recipe. Something uber simple that requires zilch cooking. It’s what I’m all about. And some mornings I just want something dessert-y. Especially during the holiday season when desserts are everywhere. I took my grandma to the shoe store the other day and they gave us shortbread cookies + truffles when we left. It’s a happy world we live in, isn’t it? What a wonderful thing when you get rewarded for purchasing sensible shoes.
My mom’s birthday was Wednesday. I made her the driest chocolate cake in the entire world. I still don’t know what happened. She (as mothers do) said she loved it. I think that has something to do with the whole, “face only a mother could love” thing. It wasn’t exactly the grand ‘thank you’ I had planned for her for putting up with my wedding planning moodiness.
We are one week + one day away from wedding day. The only drama lately was that I thought a champagne glass was called a ‘champagne fluke’. That is false. It’s a ‘champagne flute‘. That’s why nothing was coming up on pinterest. Annoying. Someone make me some champagne flutes that look like these but are more flute-y.
Speaking of alcohol things, I have never been more excited that Andrew loves Guinness as much as he does. This gold + Guinness combo. How pretty.
I’m having an outdoor wedding. Have I told you this? I’m sure I have, mainly because I tell everyone because I’m terrified someone is going to show up in a tiny dress and freeze their buns off. In Houston this week it’s been sunny and 65 degrees. Perfect wedding weather. But I hear rumors of rain and cold weather heading our way. If it rains/is freezing, we have a backup plan. It sucks. But it’d be fine if that’s what it came down to. Ugh. I hope it doesn’t come down to that.
But if it does come down to that, I think I should have a little stash of this greek yogurt mousse + graham cracker crust nearby. Mainly because I don’t think there is a situation in which this recipe wouldn’t make me happier.
- 1/2 cup Kashi Cinnamon Crumble Cereal (should be ~1/4 cup after grinding)
- 1/2 small banana (~2 tbsp, mashed)
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 4-6 ounces vanilla greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- Toppings: 1 Tbsp chopped pecans (I used salted/roasted)
- In a food processor, grind cereal until a flour is formed. Pour into a small bowl and stir in mashed banana. Combine until well incorporated. Spread this 'graham cracker' crust into the bottom of a small ramekin. Cover and place in the freezer while your prepare the mousse.
- In a bowl, combine coconut flour and greek yogurt. If using a 6-oz container of yogurt, start with half of it and gradually add more until your desired thickness/thinness is reached. I added ~4oz of greek yogurt.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and top with mousse. Add chop pecans, if desired. Grab a spoon and eat.