Mini Peanut Butter Kisses
I made you something miniature!
I like miniature things. One of my best friends from college drove a mini-cooper. And then there are these miniature Trader Joe’s cookies? I’ve talked about them before. They’re just so eat-able. And petite. I actually hate the word ‘petite.’ Because usually I find and totally fall in love with some top at Banana Republic or Lofts only to look at the tag and see it say ‘petite.’ Ughhhhhh no. Broad shoulder + petite clothing don’t mix. True dat.
How many times have you watched Home Alone this season? I hope at least 4. I still need to watch Serendipity and umm…Arthur Christmas (did anyone else think that movie was just the cutest?)
Christmas is 2 days away. If you need any last minute gift ideas, make this. Who doesn’t like some cookie dough in their stocking? This year for Christmas, I’ve heard rumors that we’re having a gingerbread house decorating competition. I’m interested to see how this will go since my dad is the world’s most competitive person. You should see him play Apples to Apples, it’s ridiculous.
My day of wedded bliss is 5 days away. In the house we are moving into we still do not have a dish washer, washing machine, dryer, grout or bathroom sink/vanity. Oh, and there’s no hot water or bed either. We’ve got two days to get all those things. That’s a lot of things. If all goes as planned, after tomorrow we should have a washing machine, dryer, hot water and a bed. So my posting may be a little sporadic (aka non-existent) over the next two weeks.
I baked these cookies late last night and then took pictures about 2 seconds before posting this. I had to keep telling myself to not eat all the cookies because I needed enough to take pictures of in the morning. I’ve seen them called peanut butter blossoms but we’ve always called them peanut butter kisses. Either way they’re cookies.
Now I’m off to spend a day painting ugly wood paneling. It will be prettier soon. And then my very best friend and Aunt are throwing me a bridal shower tonight. So much happiness. I love this wedding thing.
- 3/4 cup oat flour, packed
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, salted (no added sugar)
- 4 tablespoon applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 30-40 dark chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350F. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine oat flour, quick oats, brown sugar and baking powder. Add in peanut butter, applesauce and vanilla. Mix until a dough is formed. Roll dough into 30-40 small balls. Use the back of a fork to slightly flatten the cookies. Bake for 7 minutes, they will seem underdone. Remove from oven and allow to cool 3 minutes on the cookie sheet. Press one chocolate chip into the top of each cookie. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.