In the effort to be transparent and whatnot, I should let you know that the husband did not like these cookies.
He’s crazy. Make these. And then tell me he’s crazy.
We had dinner with my parents this weekend and I dramatically reenacted Andrew trying these cookies (and making the nastiest face I’d ever seen). My dad reassured Andrew that I have this cookie cycle where I’ll make 5 “not good” cookies, but then about every 6th cookie I’ll manage to make something “really good.” I think I’ve just been preparing everyone for the real world. You know, how you just never know what you’re going to get? When you bite into my cookies, you just don’t know what to expect. How fun.
I love all the cookies. Except the really crunchy kind. Those are a waste. No matter how much chocolate they have in them.
These M&M cookies are quite fluffy. I’ll refrain from using the word ‘cakey’, because cakey has such a negative connotation. And in my opinion, these cookies are nothing but right. I mean, they’re filled with all my favorite ingredients: oat flour, greek yogurt, brown sugar, chocolate. They’re just asking to be loved. And love them I do.
Plus(!!!), you could totally leave out the M&M’s and instead add in chocolate chips. Just in case some of you aren’t feeling M&M’s. Personally, I have some fond memories of peanut butter M&M’s & tequila (…i hope you’re reading this Kalyn.)
Marital bliss this week included guacamole, me having a breakdown Wednesday night because being an intern sucks sometimes, watching the Breaking Bad finale (didn’t think it was that epic), a debate over carpet vs. stained concrete, and me somehow killing Andrew’s stomach with this dinner (whoops).
Someone should tell my husband that my cooking would drastically improve if I got a dog. Specifically, this puppy.
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup M&M's (1.69 oz bag)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a bowl, combine oat flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder and M&M's. In a separate bowl, combine egg, greek yogurt, canola oil and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until a dough is formed. Roll dough into 8 balls and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Take the cookies out of the oven before the bottoms turn golden brown, they're easy to overcook. Place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes, or just dig in.