Have you ever wondered about the number of chocolate chips that can fit in a graham cracker + peanut butter sandwich?
Yeah, me too.
I wrote this recipe down on a random piece of paper in one of the spirals I have laying around my house, all of which are filled with half thought out recipe ideas and recipes without titles. Every time I write down a recipe, I just open the spiral to a random page and write down the recipe in a random corner and then forget about the recipe until I get to share it with you. Life would be so much easier if I could just get it together and, you know, like fill out the spiral in the proper page order. And say keep the spirals in the same location. But no. I prefer the drama. I guess.
So it goes. I’m hoping that if you are reading this then you are just like me. Meaning you would be game to sit and stare at picture of a peanut butter puddle on top of a graham cracker…
Because I love peanut butter puddles.
So this weekend we ate s’mores (no peanut butter was involved…which seems silly now.), which launched me into this complete graham cracker obsession.
Sometimes I make things and I don’t tell my husband about them. And then they all disappear and he’ll see a random picture of said food and he’ll be like, when did you make that? And why didn’t I ever see it? That is because I’m sneaky. And I strategically hid it in places he doesn’t look, like the peanut butter shelf in the fridge.
I should share. I know I should share. Especially when Andrew is so easy to get along with. Seriously. He complains about very little (except when I purchase another dish towel that is super cute but that isn’t absorbent AT.ALL. or when I don’t buy enough chicken at the store).
Have I told you about our bathroom situation? We (read: Andrew) are (is) remodeling our half bath so we’re down to one bathroom. There has only been one time when I very nearly died waiting for the bathroom. Oh marriage, you are an adventure…in bladder control.
So graham crackers are fab. Those are my feelings.
Make these graham crackers. Find a campfire. Toast some marshmallows. Make s’mores.
Life is beautiful and simple.
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons oil (coconut oil or canola oil)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all ingredients in a bowl until a dough is formed. Flour a cutting board and roll out the dough into ~1/4 inch thickness. Cut into rectangular, graham cracker shapes. Use a fork to poke holes into the crackers to make them look like traditional graham crackers. Place cut out dough onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 12-16 minutes (12 for softer graham crackers and 16 for crunchy traditional graham crackers).