Single-Serving Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie
It’s a little pumpkin cloud of a cookie stuffed with chocolate!
I thought we’d celebrate the first day of fall by sharing my favorite pumpkin cookie from The Single Serving Cookie Cookbook. It’s doughy and stuffed with chocolaty goodness.
Also in honor of the first day of fall, in the wee hours of the morning I made another batch of chai tea latte concentrate. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
I would like to say that sharing a pumpkin recipe on the first day of fall was all planned out…but no. Yesterday afternoon I still hadn’t made a recipe for today’s post. We spent all weekend in San Antonio for Andrew’s powerlifting meet. The plan was to just stay Friday night and come home late Saturday night. But Saturday night we really wanted to spend more time with Andrew’s parents who were also in town for the meet. So we ended up having a great dinner on the Riverwalk. Andrew’s parents just got an Airstream, which is super cute. So we all cozied up in the Airstream Saturday night and watched old Seinfeld episodes until everyone fell asleep.
A way fun weekend meant we got home in the late afternoon on Sunday and I didn’t have a recipe to share. I figured cookies are always a good thing to share so a cookie recipe it was.
I really like doughy cookies and this recipe is just that. A doughy pumpkin cookie stuffed with chocolate & peanut butter. It’s a little cloud of pumpkin happy. For real. It’s not super sweet, so the cookie makes a great snack or dessert. If you’re leaning towards having this cookie for dessert, I highly recommend it with a glass of chocolate milk. Or hot chocolate. Either will do.
I’ve been wanting to buy pumpkins at the grocery store so I can decorate our porch with them. Have y’all seen the thing where you use chalkboard paint to make a little square on the pumpkin and then you can write on them? I want! But I keep telling myself to wait one more week until it’s closer to October.
Next Sunday I’m buying some freaking pumpkins. The real deal. Not the canned stuff. I want our house to scream AUTUMN. Maybe a hobby lobby or target run for decorations is in order too. Andrew would most definitely frown upon that. Shhhh. We’ll be sneaky. I don’t think he usually reads this far down in a blog post so we should be safe.
So cookies. Make this pumpkin cookie and I hope you think it’s like a little cloud of pumpkin stuffed with chocolate. Ohhh and I hope you can’t eat it without being SO EXCITED THAT IT’S FINALLY FALL!!!
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Chop date into 4 pieces and place into a microwave- safe bowl. Cover with water and microwave 1 1⁄2 minutes. Allow date to sit in hot water for 2 minutes before draining off water. Meanwhile, melt your dark chocolate. Add peanut butter and melted chocolate to drained dates and use the back of a fork to mash everything together. Put mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine flour, pumpkin puree, almond butter and maple syrup. Dough will be sticky and it is easier to manage if you wet your hands a little. Roll into a ball and flatten. Scoop chocolate-date filling into the center of the cookie and wrap the cookie around the filling being sure all edges are sealed. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Cookie is from The Single-Serving Cookie eCookbook.