Sep 22

Single-Serving Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie

It’s a little pumpkin cloud of a cookie stuffed with chocolate!
Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie-7
I thought we’d celebrate the first day of fall by sharing my favorite pumpkin cookie from The Single Serving Cookie Cookbook.  It’s doughy and stuffed with chocolaty goodness.

Also in honor of the first day of fall, in the wee hours of the morning I made another batch of chai tea latte concentrate.  Can’t stop, won’t stop.

Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie-5
I would like to say that sharing a pumpkin recipe on the first day of fall was all planned out…but no. Yesterday afternoon I still hadn’t made a recipe for today’s post.  We spent all weekend in San Antonio for Andrew’s powerlifting meet. The plan was to just stay Friday night and come home late Saturday night. But Saturday night we really wanted to spend more time with Andrew’s parents who were also in town for the meet.  So we ended up having a great dinner on the Riverwalk.   Andrew’s parents just got an Airstream, which is super cute.  So we all cozied up in the Airstream Saturday night and watched old Seinfeld episodes until everyone fell asleep.

A way fun weekend meant we got home in the late afternoon on Sunday and I didn’t have a recipe to share.  I figured cookies are always a good thing to share so a cookie recipe it was.

Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie
I really like doughy cookies and this recipe is just that.  A doughy pumpkin cookie stuffed with chocolate & peanut butter.  It’s a little cloud of pumpkin happy.  For real.  It’s not super sweet, so the cookie makes a great snack or dessert.  If you’re leaning towards having this cookie for dessert, I highly recommend it with a glass of chocolate milk.  Or hot chocolate.  Either will do.
Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie-2

I’ve been wanting to buy pumpkins at the grocery store so I can decorate our porch with them.  Have y’all seen the thing where you use chalkboard paint to make a little square on the pumpkin and then you can write on them?  I want!  But I keep telling myself to wait one more week until it’s closer to October.

Next Sunday I’m buying some freaking pumpkins.  The real deal.  Not the canned stuff.  I want our house to scream AUTUMN.  Maybe a hobby lobby or target run for decorations is in order too.  Andrew would most definitely frown upon that. Shhhh.  We’ll be sneaky.  I don’t think he usually reads this far down in a blog post so we should be safe.

Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie-3 Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie-4
So cookies.  Make this pumpkin cookie and I hope you think it’s like a little cloud of pumpkin stuffed with chocolate. Ohhh and I hope you can’t eat it without being SO EXCITED THAT IT’S FINALLY FALL!!!

Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie-9

Single-Serving Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie
  1. 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
  2. 1 date, pitted
  3. 1 teaspoon peanut butter
  1. 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
  2. 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin puree
  3. 2 teaspoons almond butter
  4. 2 teaspoons maple syrup
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Chop date into 4 pieces and place into a microwave- safe bowl. Cover with water and microwave 1 1⁄2 minutes. Allow date to sit in hot water for 2 minutes before draining off water. Meanwhile, melt your dark chocolate. Add peanut butter and melted chocolate to drained dates and use the back of a fork to mash everything together. Put mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes.
  2. In a bowl, combine flour, pumpkin puree, almond butter and maple syrup. Dough will be sticky and it is easier to manage if you wet your hands a little. Roll into a ball and flatten. Scoop chocolate-date filling into the center of the cookie and wrap the cookie around the filling being sure all edges are sealed. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
  1. Cookie is from The Single-Serving Cookie eCookbook.
For a list of more healthy pumpkin recipes, this pumpkin roundup from Kristina is spot on.

Chocolate Date Caramel Pumpkin Cookie

21 Responses to “Single-Serving Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie”

1. Sam @ PancakeWarriors — September 22, 2014 @ 12:38 pm (#)

Holy chocolate filled pumpkin pillow! This looks heavenly, and I appreciate they are just a single serving, so I don’t go overboard!! Way to get a recipe together in a day! Good luck decorating – I say pumpkin everything then it lasts through to Thanksgiving!

2. Katherine Baker — September 22, 2014 @ 12:51 pm (#)

you kill me.

3. Dietitian Jess — September 22, 2014 @ 1:51 pm (#)

I aree that today is a perfect day to make a cookie from your cookie book! I’ve made a couple so far but definitely need to try more :)

4. cleaneatingveggiegirl — September 22, 2014 @ 1:56 pm (#)

Holy crap.. um YES! Chocolate and pumpkin is a KILLER combination! I am excited to try this one out and I love that it is single-serve!

5. Millie | Add A Little — September 22, 2014 @ 1:59 pm (#)

Ahh this looks beyond amazing – and single serving?! whats not to like!

6. thenutritiouskitchen — September 22, 2014 @ 2:18 pm (#)

Love love LOVE this idea! I already bought your ebook and seeing these pumpkin cookie photos totally makes me want to go make all your cookies! So creative and so simple, just my style! And I recently moved and now live alone so I am all over the single-serving ideas! Great recipe :)

7. Lauren S (@BreatheBlog) — September 22, 2014 @ 3:34 pm (#)

Looks amazing! I love single-serve desserts since my sweet tooth has problems always just eating one from a batch :)

8. Kristina @ Love & Zest — September 22, 2014 @ 4:44 pm (#)

Awww. thanks for the love Kylie. I’m trying to imagine what this cloud of pumpkin goodness tastes like… guess, I must go make one.. just. for. me. Looks gorgeous!

9. Heather — September 22, 2014 @ 7:06 pm (#)

I might make these and use the leftover pumpkin to make a pumpkin chai tea latte. Yumm

10. Rebecca — September 22, 2014 @ 7:36 pm (#)

This looks AMAZING! Any suggestions on a flour replacement to make this gluten free?

• Kylie — September 23, 2014 @ 8:33 am (#)

Oat flour!

11. Alanna — September 23, 2014 @ 7:54 am (#)

Genius! That is the perfect cookie. Ok, I need to buy your eBook since I love single-serving desserts :)

• Kylie — September 23, 2014 @ 8:40 am (#)

I’m with ya…single serving desserts are the best:)

12. Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen — September 23, 2014 @ 7:08 pm (#)

I love your single serving cookie cookbook! So far I’ve made the indecisive one, this one, and the pumpkin chocolate chip one. They were all awesome, but this one was my fav. I totally also used half cinnamon chips & half chocolate chips for the stuffing. Why are my cookies way bigger than yours?!? The one’s I’ve made always turn out giant. I’m not using pastry flour though. Just white whole wheat. I’m guessing that’s probably the difference? Who knows and who cares. I’m most certainly not complaining about my giant cookies, that’s fo sho.

1. Pingback: My First Tastes of Fall | Sweets and Beets

2. Pingback: Lunch Date #7: Apple Crisp Muffins & Yoga for Desk-Sitters - Caroline Kaufman, MS, RDN

3. Pingback: Saturday Shares #19 | It's A Harleyyy Life