Today we’re putting creamy nog in cookies.
I’ve decided to take Christmas cookies seriously this year. If one can do such a thing.
This week I’ll be sharing not one, not two, but THREE Almondmilk & Cookie Pairings for Santa, all featuring Califia Farms Almondmilk. Then on Friday I’ll be throwing us an Almondmilk & Cookies Holiday Party.
For this holiday party…Santa has gone vegan. Probably because he too loves cookie dough and knows that making vegan cookies means the cookie dough is all the more socially acceptable to eat. So here we go with some vegan milk & cookie pairings.
First up, Snickerdoodle Nog Cookie Sticks paired with Califia Farms Holiday Nog.
Now we all know I’m an ooey, gooey cookie person. You know me and my feelings, so it’s probably a waste of time to tell you (again) that life is too short for crunchy cookies. While the name cookie ‘sticks’ implies crunchy cookies, I assure you that ‘stick’ just means they’re highly dip-able. The cookies are still soft and holiday-flavor filled. I promise you.
What are your feelings on egg nog? It took me years to work up the courage to try it one Christmas. When I finally did I wanted to know why no one told me sooner that it tasted like melted ice cream!
Califia’s Holiday Nog is a vegan twist on traditional egg nog. No dairy or soy, yet it’s still all the bit as creamy as your traditional nog. Plus, it comes in a gorgeous bottle that totally makes your fridge look more classy. And if your fridge looks like my fridge (i.e. a plethora of foil covered things), a little class couldn’t hurt.
First you make two giant cookies on a baking sheet, which goes against everything your mom taught you about cookie making because the middle won’t bake and blah-de-blah, but they come out fine. Then bake and when you slice them up the insides are soft and the outsides are crisp and it’s the way a cookie was meant to be…even if they don’t look like your typical cookie. Don’t judge a cookie by it’s cover.
I mean, nog with a cinnamon-sugar coated cookie…it’s practically out of a fairy tale. Find yourself a warm, cozy fire and drink up.
Now just to say again, these aren’t biscotti-like AT ALL. I know they look biscotti-ish, but biscotti are crunchy to the max. These are soft cookies that are what biscotti wish they were. Or at least, what I wish all biscotti were. Are all you biscotti lovers cringing? Sorry. I love you, I’m just questioning your cookie choices. Jay kay.
I’ll see you tomorrow with another Califia Farms Almondmilk & Cookie Pairing.
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups oat flour, spooned into measuring cup (certified gluten free, if needed)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Califia Farms Holiday Nog
- 1/4 cup salted almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toppings: 1 teaspoon cinnamon + 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Make your flax egg by combining flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Allow to sit 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine oat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in flax egg, coconut oil, Califia Farms Holiday Nog, almond butter and vanilla. Combine until a dough forms. On a greased baking sheet, divide dough in half and press into 2, 3/4-1 inch thick ovals. Sprinkle cinnamon + sugar topping over the top and gently press into the dough. Bake for 11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes before slicing into cookie sticks and serving with Califia Farms Holiday Nog.