My food photography setup
Affiliate links included in this post.
I know many of you have your own blogs or are interested in starting a blog. With the holiday season upon us, I thought it’d be helpful to add some food photography items to your holiday wish list. I accumulated all these items over several years, so don’t get overwhelmed if you’re just starting out. A smartphone takes a fine picture and you can be a food blogger without any of this equipment. These are just the products I’ve found that work the best for me.
- Camera: Canon EOS 60D DSLR
- Lens: Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Wide Angle Lens
- Tripod: Manfrotto Tripod
- Lateral Arm: Manfrotto Arm with Double Camera Attachment (great for overhead shots!)
- Marble Slab: White Marble Pastry Board (this isn’t the exact slab I use, mine is more rectangular)
- Food Photography Backdrop: DIY Subway Tile Backsplash (if you have an ugly kitchen like me!)
- Post-processing (aka photo editing): Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan (Photoshop + Lightroom)