Jul 11

that time a pizza and a calzone had a baby.

Oh hot dang! We made a video!

Perhaps in the future I will talk in the videos.  Perhaps.  But for now…PIZZA.  The pizza-calzone idea was from that time I went to Mascalzone.  I remember thinking, “holy crap.  I’m never making pizza the same way again.”

To take a jog down memory lane, here’s a photo of THAT pizza below.

pizza calzone | immaEATthat.com

Fast-forward 3 months and here we are…making videos about pizza and calzones having a baby.  I love life.  And basil.  And the olympics.  I’m watching Gabby Douglas’s floor routine right now and I keep yelling, “dayyyyymnnn!”  How does one move their body in that way?  These are things I don’t know.  But I do know how to move pizza dough in fun ways.  So that is kind of the same thing.

As seen in the pizzahhh video above, you can make this pizza in 1 minute and 1 second.  That’s a bit of a lie.  You really need about 25 minutes.  Totally realistic for a weeknight dinner.  So quick.

And another lovely thing about this recipe is that you can use the toppings that make you sing.

a pizza and a calzone had a baby. | immaEATthat.com

This weekend we had hired someone to come help us shoot videos.  However, on Friday he texted me that he couldn’t come anymore.  So Andrew and I were like, “screw it, we will just figure out videos ourselves.”  So that is what we did.  And while doing that, I came to a massive conclusion…

I really don’t think I could ever have an intern or hire someone to work with me because I am so mean.  Not mean, but I just get super frustrated and annoyed with everyone around me when things aren’t going right.  So yeah, mean.

I really think family are the only people who could/would put up with me.  So Andrew will be my only employee for the foreseeable future.

EXCEPT.  I’m thinking of firing Andrew because we just had a conversation about Ryan Reynolds.  Andrew thinks he’s a mega-douche.  I think he’s mega-attractive and mega-funny and kinda-mega-perfect.  I don’t know if I can work with someone who has that opinion of Ryan.

Calzone-Pizza

Yield: 1 pizza

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:

1 pizza dough
pizza sauce
mozzarella cheese
parmesan cheese
pepperoni
thinly sliced tomatoes
fresh basil

Directions:

Preheat oven according to pizza dough directions.  Roll out your pizza dough.  Top with pizza sauce, 3/4 of the cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes, and remaining 1/4 of the cheese.  Fold a fourth of the pizza onto itself to make one side of the pizza a calzone.  Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.  Sprinkle with fresh basil. SLICE and eat.

a pizza and a calzone had a baby. | immaEATthat.com

calzone + pizza = calizza.  Or pizzone.  I think I like, “pizzone,” best.

10 Responses to “that time a pizza and a calzone had a baby.”

1. Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday — July 11, 2016 @ 9:43 am (#)

This is genius! I love love love that you combine two fantastic foods (or flavors) into one and create the best mash-ups ever. I’ll be your intern. I can take it! And we agree about Ryan Reynolds ;)

2. Hannah @CleanEatingVeggieGirl — July 11, 2016 @ 11:37 am (#)

I hear you on the “mean” part. I am the SAME way! I guess we are just able to let out our frustration/annoyance a bit more easily around the people that we know will still love us afterwards ;)

3. Amanda — July 11, 2016 @ 11:59 am (#)

I heart pizza in any form. I also heart Ryan Reynolds always and forever. Anyone who disagrees probably isn’t my friend :) Ugh, I’m also super annoying to be around when things aren’t going right. I even annoy myself…ha!

• Kylie — July 11, 2016 @ 4:06 pm (#)

Ryan Reynolds<3<3<3

4. Dani @ Dani California Cooks — July 11, 2016 @ 1:34 pm (#)

You’d be surprised – sometimes you’re meaner to the people you’re close with and who love you because you know they won’t fire you for it! I find myself being super mean with my family sometimes and then the nicest person to work with with my colleagues.

• Kylie — July 11, 2016 @ 4:06 pm (#)

Oh totally. I try to remember this when I KNOW I’m being super annoying and rude.

5. Kate@Mindfoodly — July 11, 2016 @ 8:00 pm (#)

For some reason this pizza just looks so cute to me :)

6. Grace — July 12, 2016 @ 1:46 pm (#)

I want this cal-pizza in my mouth ASAP! I need to chime in on this Ryan Reynolds debate as well and I side with Andrew on this one. He does strike me as douchey and just a mediocre actor.

• Kylie — July 12, 2016 @ 5:05 pm (#)

LOL that cracked me up. Andrew is gonna be thrilled he has support lol

7. Astrid — July 18, 2016 @ 7:32 am (#)

Hi Kylie, I stumbled across your website via FantasticFood I think, or TheRealLifeRD- anyway, I am finally changing my food- and life perspective for the better through step by step living from intention. Since my man and I love homemade pizza, I actually send him the link with your video last week. He had to work abroad for far too long now and when he finally came home on saturday, we made a Hawaiian-themed pizzone :-) (Ugh the waiting time was so hard but I really wanted to make the pizzone with him. Romantic and all, ha!) Delicious it was!! Thanks for the idea and all the love from the Netherlands!