Oct 31

Fun (at-home) double date idea

Saturday night my big sister, Layne, had a fun idea for a double date.  Her and Marco (her husband) came over to our house with 6 beers and we created our own beer tasting between the 4 of us.  Marco is moving to Maryland Monday (gonna miss him a lot).  Layne is finishing up P.A. school, so she will be in Houston until August.  It was our last hurrah with all 4 of us until Christmas:/

Fun double date idea...at home beer tasting | immaEATthat.com

We started with the light beers and moved to the dark ones.  I skipped the coffee porter because GROSS.  I tasted a sip of Andrews.  Eww.

My favs were the Pumpkick and the Full Sail Amber! I thought this was SUCH a great double date idea.  I hope to do it again with friends soon.  Maybe an all pumpkin beer tasting would be appropriate for the season!

Fun double date idea...at home beer tasting | immaEATthat.comFun double date idea...at home beer tasting | immaEATthat.com

Layne and Marco brought the beers, so Andrew and I did the cooking.  I planned a lot of appetizer-type dishes for us.

We made Damn Delicious’ Parmesan Tortellini Bites with marinara.  SO GOOD.

Fun double date idea...at home beer tasting | immaEATthat.com

Also made sausage + cheesy polenta rounds inspired by these mini polenta grilled cheese bites from The Kitchn.

Fun double date idea...at home beer tasting | immaEATthat.com

And I made a big salad with spinach, blanched broccoli + cauliflower, dried cherries, sunflower seeds and a combo of multiple dressings that were in my fridge lol.

Fun double date idea...at home beer tasting | immaEATthat.com

My plate!

Fun double date idea...at home beer tasting | immaEATthat.com

Our little sister had gone on a date that day, so we sent a funny photo to her of all of us asking how the date went:)

Fun double date idea...at home beer tasting | immaEATthat.com

After dinner, we made Annie’s sugar cookies.  We rolled some in cinnamon-sugar and some in cocoa powder-sugar.

Fun double date idea...at home beer tasting | immaEATthat.com

(under) baked.

Fun double date idea...at home beer tasting | immaEATthat.com

Such a good night.

Fun double date idea...at home beer tasting | immaEATthat.com

What was the high of your weekend??!

12 Responses to “Fun (at-home) double date idea”

1. kate — October 31, 2016 @ 5:38 am (#)

I love any sort of taste testing party. We did one with pizza a few months ago and that was a blast. I want to do one with cheese next.
    The highlight of my weekend was co-hosting a halloween party for my small group of friends.

• Kylie — October 31, 2016 @ 2:23 pm (#)

Pizza taste testing party would be fun!

2. Dietitian Jess — October 31, 2016 @ 6:29 am (#)

So much fun- my friends and I have done blind beer tastings (IPAs, pumpkin, etc.) and voted for our favs so this definitely looks like a perfect double date to me! Thumbs up to underbaked cookies-yum.

• Kylie — October 31, 2016 @ 2:23 pm (#)

Next time we’ll have to do it blind and vote for favs;) I like that idea!

3. Sarah @ BucketListTummy — October 31, 2016 @ 6:55 am (#)

That sounds like such a fun, stay at home date idea! I love trying new craft beers. Echoing Jess above, blind tastings have been really fun! I want to do an ice cream taste testing party, I think that would be fun. Always have to have my cookies underbaked, nice and chewy, and melt in your mouth. Yummm

• Kylie — October 31, 2016 @ 2:22 pm (#)

Ice cream taste testing sounds fun…as does a hot chocolate taste testing party. Hmm that may have to happen this holiday season:)

4. Kaylee — October 31, 2016 @ 12:53 pm (#)

You & your sister look scary alike! All the yums to those snickerdoodle-like cookies! Better underbaked than over ?
    I want to try a wine tasting night one time but beer sounds like an awesome idea too. Have a lovely week ahead Kylie!

• Kylie — October 31, 2016 @ 2:21 pm (#)

underbaked always > than overbaked FOR SURE! You have a great week too, Kaylee:)

5. Karla — October 31, 2016 @ 7:38 pm (#)

Woah! Those tortellini bites sound amazing! High of my weekend was definately watching my litte boy paint his pumpkin (well himself more than the pumpkin) and just laugh and laugh.

• Kylie — October 31, 2016 @ 7:44 pm (#)

That sounds hilarious! SO CUTE!

6. Arthi — November 2, 2016 @ 10:17 am (#)

Love this idea! We’ve done some at home wine tastings and it’s so much more fun than going out!

High of the weekend: My friend’s Halloween party! Dressed my puppy up as a lobster and I went as a chef :)

• Kylie — November 2, 2016 @ 10:24 am (#)

So cute! Love the lobster + chef idea :)