Jan 04

Our date night to Creamisty!

Monday night Andrew and I went out for a dessert date to Creamisty! (pssst. I strategically placed my spoon over a pimple on my forehead…:))

I’d been wanting to try it for awhile and it was a fun experience! You create your ice cream concoction by choosing a base, flavor, and toppings and then they freeze the liquid ice cream into creamy ice cream using liquid nitrogen. So it’s ice cream chemistry.  I for one hated chemistry, but I can get on board with fun ice cream.

Umm, why did we not make ice cream in chemistry? All I learned in chemistry was what the heck a valence electron is.  Also, what the heck was a ‘mole’ and why have I not used that since?! And SERIOUSLY tho…why wasn’t there an entire class on how to pay taxes/buy a home/have a mortgage. Anywho.

I loved the Creamistry experience and I would go back because it was fun seeing the ice cream freezing process…but the ice cream was too creamy! I know. How can ice cream be too creamy? Well…it was soo thick and sticky that it was hard to pull it apart/take a spoonful of it.  It was too thick and creamy!  It was still yummy, just not my favorite ice cream.

I went with the cake batter flavor!

Andrew got cookies n’ cream + cookie dough topping + a brownie. His was awesome and I snagged a couple bites.

Have you ever tried liquid nitrogen ice cream? If you have, what’d ya think?!

15 Responses to “Our date night to Creamisty!”

1. Megan — January 4, 2017 @ 7:07 am (#)

I haven’t tried that style of ice cream but I know I wouldn’t enjoy it much because I also do not like overly creamy ice cream.
    P.S. No need to hide the pimples because you are beautiful and a blessing to so many people!

• Kylie — January 4, 2017 @ 8:25 pm (#)

You are so kind, Megan! THANK YOU<3

2. Jenna — January 4, 2017 @ 8:24 am (#)

I’ve had some before! There was a spot in California with a coconut base, and then I got cookie dough and peanut butter. It was totally delicious. I remember it being more creamy, but still ice-cream-y so I loved loved it!!

• Kylie — January 4, 2017 @ 8:25 pm (#)

Next time I’ll have to try it with the coconut base option!

3. kate — January 4, 2017 @ 8:27 am (#)

This looks awesome! And it would be right up my alley because I love overly creamy ice cream. I would probably not describe it as sticky, but chewy, which sounds gross for ice cream but I love it that way. I’m always sad when it gets melty.

• Kylie — January 4, 2017 @ 8:26 pm (#)

YES! Chewy is a good description. I’ve had custard, which is creamy/dense but still has a lightness to it…this ice cream was almost like tooth paste in texture. So different!

4. Kori — January 4, 2017 @ 8:29 am (#)

I love a good food pun, so their name is adorable to me! I know what you mean about being overly creamy/difficult to take a bite, but I would love to experience this. So fun! I agree with the above commenter: pimples or not, you’re awesome. ;) I’ve had a breakout recently, so I’ll blame it on the weather. haha

• Kylie — January 4, 2017 @ 8:27 pm (#)

Isn’t the name awesome?! Pimples, shmimples :)

5. Karlie — January 4, 2017 @ 8:36 am (#)

What a cool place! I’ll have to see if we have one of those! Andrews looks amazing, now I”ll have to get some ice cream tonight :)

• Kylie — January 4, 2017 @ 8:27 pm (#)

He ordered right fo sho!

6. Megan — January 4, 2017 @ 9:51 am (#)

I have tried an ice cream place like this and although it’s a fun process I’m like you and don’t like ice creams that are overly thick and creamy like that. Still delicious but not a fan of the texture. However, I am not one to turn down an ice cream date, so I will always go if asked ;)

• Kylie — January 4, 2017 @ 8:27 pm (#)

Agreed, I’m not one to turn down an ice cream date either!

7. Rachel — January 4, 2017 @ 9:00 pm (#)

I remember trying nitrogen ice cream when I was younger, but the place closed down quickly and haven’t had it since. I forgot what it tastes like, but Isn’t it just so much fun?! It reminds me of the rolled ice cream, in the sense that it’s a whole experience (which I always love!)

8. Casey the College Celiac — January 4, 2017 @ 9:52 pm (#)

I’ve definitely done that spoon/bliss ball/random piece of food in front the pimple trick before, so I feel ya! And I bet this would be delicious with a coconut base, as others have mentioned. Sounds like a dream to be able to personalize it so much!

9. Whitney — January 6, 2017 @ 4:49 pm (#)

Also, what the heck was a ‘mole’ and why have I not used that since?! And SERIOUSLY tho…why wasn’t there an entire class on how to pay taxes/buy a home/have a mortgage. Anywho. –> YES A THOUSAND TIMES.