Jan 11

immaEATthat and That and THAT.

{found via here}

I’ve had a bajillion doctors appointments lately (mainly because I’m a hypochondriac), which has got me a little behind on blog content this week.  Whoopsies.  For the last 4 years my legs have been tingling pretty much non-stop.  It’s bearable, but it’s just uncomfortable…kinda like ants are crawling on my legs.  I had my PCP & neurologist appointments earlier this week + a 1 1/2 hour MRI…that showed nothing.  Today I have the rheumatologist.

I haven’t done a good ol’ round up in awhile, so that’s what we’re doing today…

I was on two podcast last week.  Here is the one that has been released so far.  I’ll share the other one once it’s out!

I’ve been a longtime fan of Cupcakes & Cashmere and I’m really like following on IG the two new girls she has working with her now: @thehyperbalist + @lesliesteph.  And I like the posts I’ve read from them so far: here & here.  And omgsh yum to this.  Cupcakes & Cashmere is really the only blog I follow consistently.

Have you put butter in your coffee? The idea grosses me out so much.  I’d be like drinking olive oil.  It just doesn’t sound appetizing.

I’ve been on a scone kick lately.  These look mighty tasty.  I got a scone at Panera a couple weeks ago and it was such a disappointment.  I feel like scones are not supposed to be crazy sweet.  I like my scones like a sweet-ish biscuit.  But Panera’s scone just tasted like a piece of cake, which would’ve been fine if I was craving cake…but I wasn’t.

I want these diamond shaped book shelves.

17 Responses to “immaEATthat and That and THAT.”

1. Emily — January 11, 2017 @ 7:02 am (#)

I made these scones over Christmas and looooved them. They have an amazing texture and aren’t overly sweet! http://www.howsweeteats.com/2016/12/mini-cinnamon-orange-scones/

2. Chelsea I Baked Greens — January 11, 2017 @ 7:22 am (#)

I actually love butter in my coffee, more than milk or cream, even. Sometimes I do just butter, sometimes I mix butter and coconut oil together and blend it up. It definitely sounds oily and gross, but it’s just smooth, creamy, and frothy. You should try it!

3. Jen @ Pretty Little Grub — January 11, 2017 @ 8:38 am (#)

I love listening to podcasts so it’s kind of my dream to be on one.
    I have never and will never put butter in my coffee. Like you it completely grosses me out.

4. Kori — January 11, 2017 @ 10:30 am (#)

I so hope you’re given an answer and a solution to your problem! I do not understand the appeal of butter in coffee either…no thanks. I haven’t had a scone in quite a long time, and I need to change that soon!

5. Caitlyn — January 11, 2017 @ 11:46 am (#)

Butter in coffee is actually SO GOOD!!! Don’t knock it before you try it, but you need to blend it or else it’s gross. I put some slightly cooled coffee, butter (or coconut oil, which is tastier IMO) and some cinnamon in a Magic Bullet and whip it up. Its so creamy and slightly sweet. Technically, butter is milk in just a different form :)

6. Wendy — January 11, 2017 @ 12:14 pm (#)

Hi Kylie! Just wanted to chime in and tell you the image you posted is a painting by my friend Britt Bass Turner (http://www.brittbass.com). You should definitely check her out if you’re in the market for some beautiful prints around your home- or as a housewarming gift! She’s the best :)

• Kylie — January 11, 2017 @ 8:42 pm (#)

Thank you, Wendy! I was looking for the original source of the photo and couldn’t find it. I’ll go change the above link. THANKS! Her stuff is gorgeous!

7. Rachel — January 11, 2017 @ 5:12 pm (#)

re: legs tingling. If the rheumatologist comes up short, you may want to get a blood test if you haven’t already. I had these same symptoms a few years ago and it took my doctors ages to discover it was due to vitamin B12 deficiency. Sounds crazy that a mere vitamin deficiency can have such scary symptoms, but it was true in my case. Hope you feel better soon. :)

• Kylie — January 11, 2017 @ 5:21 pm (#)

Thanks for the rec, Rachel!! She mentioned she was gonna test B12. Yay! I hope that is the answer. That sounds like an easy fix.

8. Amy @ Thoroughly Nourished Life — January 11, 2017 @ 5:45 pm (#)

Oh Kylie! I feel you on the chasing medical explanations thing! I hope you get to the bottom of your tingly legs soon and that it isn’t anything serious. Listening to your podcast episode on Lo Down Living right now!

9. Mackenzie — January 11, 2017 @ 7:09 pm (#)

Hey girl! Not to go all “nurse” on you— ok, yes I am—- but maybe get your electrolytes and vitamins checked!! It could definitely be a B12 (or another B vitamin) deficiency or calcium deficiency. Keep us posted ;)

• Kylie — January 11, 2017 @ 8:41 pm (#)

Thanks for the knowledge Mackenzie!

10. Sarah — January 11, 2017 @ 8:44 pm (#)

Listened to the podcast ep–loved it! You did a great job articulating the intuitive eating/HAES message!

• Kylie — January 12, 2017 @ 9:35 am (#)

Thanks for the support, Sarah:))

11. Megan — January 12, 2017 @ 9:49 am (#)

I really enjoyed listening to your podcast interview! I listened to another interview you did on another podcast a while ago too, and loved that as well. Thank you so much for spreading your message and doing this important work. I struggled with an eating disorder many years ago, and sometimes still struggle to “unlearn” the thought patterns associated with that. I have a 2-year old daughter now and one of my primary missions as her mother is to cultivate a healthy body image and to encourage intuitive eating practices that she instinctively follows now. I was wondering if you have or could recommend your top picks for books spanning the topics of body image and intuitive eating. Keep up the awesome work!

• Kylie — January 12, 2017 @ 10:03 am (#)

Absolutely, Megan! Glad the podcasts resonated with you<3

Book recs:
      Body Respect by Linda Bacon
      HAES by Linda Bacon
      Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole

Do you listen to podcasts?
      My recs are:
      Food Psych
      Recovery Warriors

12. Tiffany @ Cookie Crumbs and Carrot Tops — January 12, 2017 @ 11:21 pm (#)

I haven’t put butter in my coffee, but a cafe in town here has a butter flavour shot… it’s interesting. It’s one of those ones I’d have to mix with another one or else it’s too much, and definitely not something I’d have all the time. But to switch it up why not.