1. Ads on my site.
Sorry for crap like this…
I do my best to work with my ad company to filter out crap like the above, but some diet crap still gets through. I know ads are annoying. I get it. And I feel the same. But having ads on the site generates money, which allows me to spend more time here with you guys. That said, I’m still working to prevent diet ads from popping up on immaEATthat.
It’s important when you see diet ads anywhere to notice the sensational nature of them, be able to recognize them as something harmful to you, and label them as a way your eating disorder is trying to ruin your life. On instagram when they pop up I always mark them as “inappropriate.”
2. I’m loving this fab floral dress.
I found this dress at H&M, however the sleeves didn’t fit my arms…they were way too tight! So I bought the dress, took it home, and just cut the sleeves. Problem solved. You can see the full dress in this post.
3. Hummusapien was on The Healthy Maven podcast, HERE.
I thought it was excellent, especially the second half where there’s a discussion on health and wellness bloggers. WORTH A LISTEN!
4. Pregnancy is weird.
Last night for dinner I ate a sleeve of saltines + chicken broth + a diet dr. pepper + noodles. I’m just going with it.
5. A question to get you thinking…
- #1 How are you teaching your mind to respect your body?
- In the past, it was so easy for my brain to blame my body when I was stressed/overwhelmed/insecure. After years of not allowing myself to blame my body, my brain really doesn’t go there anymore. How I taught my mind to respect my body was anytime my brain said, “your body is the problem and it needs to change,” I would say, “nope, we don’t take the easy way out anymore.” The easy was out is blaming your body. Get to the root of your discomfort and stop blaming your body.
- I’d love to hear how you’re teaching your mind to respect your body :)