Hello! My name is Kylie. And I love food. Just like you and the rest of the world. But I enjoy food so much more if it is providing me with some sort of health benefit (given that sometimes that health benefit is simply happiness). This is a blog where I share the recipes that are currently keeping me excited about eating healthy. I post two new recipes a week, one on Monday and the other on Friday.
A little more about me…
- I’m a dietetic intern and MPH candidate.
I live 710 miles from my nearest Trader Joes. That’s 12 hours and 24 minutes of driving.YAY!
- Once upon a time, I ran a marathon. I hated it.
- I’ve run several half-marathons. I don’t hate them…as much.
- Healthy is about body composition, not just being skinny. Fill your body with real, wholesome foods that make you feel great.
- I believe in consuming everything in moderation, including moderation.
- I think if something in the grocery store claims to be healthy, it’s probably not. Stick with modest foods. Fruits and veggies that aren’t boasting about their added fiber.
- I can’t do a single pull-up.
- I like to take really small bites.
- I don’t think that the word ‘natural’ is synonymous with healthy. Some of the most deadly toxins on earth are ‘natural.’
- When I’m at the gym, it drives me nuts when someone gets on the treadmill right next to me when there are 18 other empty treadmills. I’m a friendly person…but seriously?! I’m likely sweating buckets. You don’t want to be near that.
- I once convinced myself I had a gluten intolerance. Yup.
- If you don’t have to be gluten free, then don’t be. Like any other approach to nutrition, the gluten free diet is not just a diet, it is a lifestyle. Like any other lifestyle (vegetarian, vegan, raw) it can be healthy or unhealthy depending on how you approach it. Calling yourself a vegetarian doesn’t make you healthy if you’re eating deep fried tofu.
- I like cookies.
- Once upon a time I also convinced myself I was lactose intolerant. I’m definitely sensitive to lactose (I’m wouldn’t down a glass of milk), but I’m totally fine eating some cheese on a sandwich.
- I like muscles. They show off hard work.
If you want to contact me to tell me that my food is good or bad, OR to let me know that you like the blog or hate the blog OR for any other reason, feel free to comment on here or email me at:
Now go cook something!