immaEATthat Podcast Update!
Hi all! Alyssa Pike, RDN, LD and I have been enjoying discussing Jess Connolly’s book, Breaking Free from Body Shame, on the immaEATthat Podcast. So far we’ve covered chapters one through five. Here’s a link to the latest episode, in which we discuss:
- What in the world are we getting are bodies ready for? Who is deciding what is acceptable?
- How Intuitive Eating isn’t our religion.
- Since one of the fruits of the spirit is self-control, does that mean we should diet?
- Sitting before God.
- Searching for activities that are truly restful.
- Trying to take care of our bodies without trying to “make them better” in some way.
- The difficulty of feeling like nothing can bring the escape or peace you need.
- …and, at times, we may leave you with more questions than answers :)
If you’d like us to discuss a topic in more depth, leave a comment here letting us know. Thanks!