Today I wanted to share some phrases that helped change my life. I’m actually not being dramatic here. These following positive affirmations are phrases I repeated multiple times a day to myself when I was recovering and were KEY in my journey out of an eating disorder and a diet mentality.
Positive affirmations are little phrases you can memorize and say to yourself when your wise voice is weak. Overall, repeating positive affirmations to myself increased my self-esteem/self-confidence, greatly enhanced my body image and decreased some anxiety. Positive affirmations provide you with go-to healthful thoughts when your brain is filled with unhealthful self-hate thoughts (aka when your brain is filled with crap). Positive affirmations were helpful for me when…
- I started to gain weight and felt fat.
- I was initially trying to “buy-in” to intuitive eating.
- I decided I wanted to trust my body/work with my body and not hate it anymore.
- I came across something that glorified weight loss and made me feel like weight loss is something I should be striving for.
- I realized changing my physical body/losing weight had never helped me love myself or given me a better life.
Some of these I have shared before, but I hope there are one or two that you connect with. I like putting positive affirmations as my phone lock screen/background so I see them constantly throughout the day.
(gorgeous water color girl is from this etsy shop.)