Nov 07

a sandwich idea.

hey, you guys!

a November weekend | immaEATthat.com

Andrew and I did pretty much nothing this weekend and it was brilliant. After a couple busy weekends, FNCE followed by the lakehouse, we were ready for a calm weekend.

My parents were out of town so we got to keep their beagle, Louie. WE LOVE HIM!

a November weekend | immaEATthat.com

Maggie will be sad when he leaves.

a November weekend | immaEATthat.com

I shared the majority of my weekend eats on IG + Stories.  But last night Andrew and I made these epic waffle breakfast sandwiches for dinner.

We toasted up some Van’s toaster waffles.

a November weekend | immaEATthat.com

Fried some bacon.

a November weekend | immaEATthat.com

Then assembled…eggs + bacon + extra sharp cheddar + waffles = sandwich!

a November weekend | immaEATthat.com

We both decided we’d make these again.  I wanna prep some ahead of time and keep them in the freezer for when I need a fast breakfast.

What was the most satisfying thing you ate this weekend? I would say mine was a chocolate chip cookie I had with breakfast yesterday.  It was the perfect amount of undercooked :)

14 Responses to “a sandwich idea.”

1. Kate — November 7, 2016 @ 5:18 am (#)

This is a fun idea- I love new ways to eat breakfast foods.
    The best thing I ate was actually a breakfast sandwich at new deli in my town- cheddar, eggs, and roasted red pepper relish on an everything bagel. It was pressed like a panini too! <3 <3

• Kylie — November 7, 2016 @ 9:21 am (#)

Everything bagels are the best.

2. rachel @ athletic avocado — November 7, 2016 @ 6:38 am (#)

Love that this breakfast can also be eaten on the weekdays too! It sounds pretty amazing! the best thing I ate this weekend has to eggplant parmesan pizza from a family party:)

• Kylie — November 7, 2016 @ 9:21 am (#)

Eggplant parm PIZZA?! So creative!

3. Kori — November 7, 2016 @ 7:58 am (#)

Matt and I LOVE Van’s GF Ancient Grains waffles. We usually eat one sweet and one savory in the morning, but we’ve done stacks/sandwiches before, and they’re amazing. The best thing I ate this weekend probably was either Kath’s chai-spiced oatmeal with sauteed pears or the salmon avocado salad I enjoyed while we had a late celebration for my MIL’s birthday.

• Kylie — November 7, 2016 @ 9:23 am (#)

oooh that chai-spiced oatmeal sounds amazing! Love the one sweet and one savory waffle idea too:)

4. Sarah @ BucketListTummy — November 7, 2016 @ 8:42 am (#)

Yesss, waffle sandwiches are the best!!! Next up, try a waffle sandwich with yogurt, peanut butter and chocolate chips! :)

• Kylie — November 7, 2016 @ 9:23 am (#)

OKAY!!! Sounds delish!

5. Katelynn — November 7, 2016 @ 11:43 am (#)

This is so going to be my dinner tonight but with blueberry Eggo’s because that’s all we have haha!

6. Jennifer — November 7, 2016 @ 12:03 pm (#)

Your breakfast tacos and sandwiches always look so yummy!  The best thing I ate this weekend was a chipotle chicken wrap with a side caesar salad. I ordered the food from a restaurant in my area and they use capers instead of bacon bits in their caesar salad.  So delicious!

7. Mary — November 7, 2016 @ 10:44 pm (#)

Maggie and Louie look so happy together. I’m a huge fan of breakfast for dinner, I can eat eggs pretty much any time of the day. I like Van’s waffles; I think I have some in my freezer right now. Looks like a tasty dinner to me :)

8. Rosemary — November 9, 2016 @ 3:36 pm (#)

Oh my god, I bought these for the first time last week and have been making egg sandwiches with them before I even saw this post ? Also, these are the same size as TJ’s frozen turkey patties ? They’re A+ for a turkey burger bun with honey mustard dressing and avocado!

9. Katie — November 14, 2016 @ 12:29 am (#)

MMM this looks so tasty! We used to have waffle PB&js all the time as kids.

I think the best thing I had this weekend was cream cheese/spicy pepper jelly spread on little garlic toasts. So YUM!

• Kylie — November 14, 2016 @ 9:18 am (#)

I have actually never waffled a PB&J. Must try that!