Just some thoughts.
1. Last night I ate some cookies and milk right after dinner.
I still felt hungry after dinner and cookies sounded satisfying. Then 20 minutes later I ended up uncomfortably full. I looked at Andrew and said, “wow. I really misread that hunger cue.” And then laughed, relaxed on the couch until the uncomfortable fullness passed and moved on with my life. Intuitive Eating is like aiming for a target of satisfaction. Sometimes you land below the target (unsatisfied) and sometimes you land above the target (overly full and slightly uncomfortably).
Other thought. Do you remember when I made those cookies below? Those were tasty.
2. I was on Food Psych!
It’s something that’s been on my radar for awhile as an opportunity I wanted to do. I’m so grateful Christy had me on<3
3. I wonder how many eating disorder that fear mongering, food documentaries like… (actually I’m not going to name them because I don’t want that crap on my blog), but I wonder how many eating disorders those documentaries have contributed to.
I would say 1 out of 5 clients I meet with say their ED took a turn after watching a one-sided documentary on food, agriculture or eating. I think it’s good to remember that documentaries are always one-sided. Your brain is not a sponge. You don’t have to absorb everything you hear/see/read/watch. I guess the issue is people watch these documentaries and use the info they come across to harm themselves…not help themselves.
4. My nutritional counseling page is up on the blog.
The mobile version wasn’t showing up right yesterday, but it should be fixed sometime today. The desktop version should be good to go though. I imagine I’ll accept new clients for the next 2 weeks for immediate appointments, then I’ll schedule people out 3ish weeks from now to give me a chance to step back and decide what is my happy client number to accept at one time. If you’d like to work with me for disordered eating/bingeing/restricting/food rules/eating disorder recovery/intuitive eating help, send an email to: immaEATthat@gmail.com
5. I have a pimple on my chin…
…that I tried to “make better” by messing with it. At what age do you learn that never works?! Because I’ve realized it’s definitely not 26. Maybe when I’m 27.
6. Since I had an emotional and overwhelming March…
…the below has been my lock screensaver since March 2nd:) It’s gotten me through many a day. The stress and anxiety of the month wreaked havoc on my poor gut bacteria and I’ve had my fair share of GI distress this month. Since things have calmed down in April I feel like I’ve turned a corner for my GI tract, which I’m welcoming with open arms.
7. I still have zero ideas as to what to do with my email newsletter.
Do you want to receive every post in an email? What would you like to receive in an email newsletter? I know I would unsubscribe to someone if they posted 5 times a week and sent me an email announcing every post. I kinda like just sending one out from time to time. Like a surprise.
8. My knees still hurt a lot.
I’m going to physical therapy 3-4 times a month and the movements they’ve given me to help with my knees help, but there are still days I’m frustrated my knees hurt and I can’t move my body in ways I find joyful. This pain has been going on since October and I’m over it. 90% of the time I accept that my knees are painful in this season of life and I’m limited to very short bike rides/walk and yoga. 10% of the time I feel like crying about it. God taught me there are ways to soothe myself without food* and now I feel he’s constantly having to teach (and re-teach) me that there are way to soothe myself without movement. 90% of the time I’m okay with this. The other 10% of the time my inner child is throwing a tantrum.
Would love to hear about your life:) Anything you feel like venting about?
*soothing yourself with food is only a negative thing when it is your only coping mechanism for dealing with stress.