Oct 13

How I make the best lattes ever.

I totally didn’t intend for the last 3 posts to have a latte in them lol. So it goes.

One of the questions I get most often is, “How do you make your lattes?”

I should start by saying, I make lattes all wrong.  I hear you are supposed to use espresso, but I don’t do that.

Here’s what I do:

ONE: I get some coffee beans (my absolute favorite coffee beans are Cuvee!).  I measure out one cup of beans and coarsely grind them just before brewing.

how i make the most delicious latte at home! | immaEATthat.com

TWO: I put my coarsely ground coffee beans into my32oz french press.  Then I add in enough filtered water to fill up the press.

how i make the most delicious latte at home! | immaEATthat.com

THREE: Then I let the coffee sit overnight in the fridge.

how i make the most delicious latte at home! | immaEATthat.com

FOUR: In the morning, I press the coffee grounds away from the cold-brewed coffee.

FIVE: Assemble.  I use 3 ingredients for my lattes: coffee-mate creamer, 2% milk and cold-brew coffee.  I tend to favor iced lattes, so I serve mine over ice.

how-to-make-a-latte

SIX: All together now!  It’s perfect.

how i make the most delicious latte at home! | immaEATthat.com

19 Responses to “How I make the best lattes ever.”

1. rachel @ athletic avocado — October 13, 2016 @ 6:35 am (#)

I love how you make your own cold brew because that stuff is expensive, didn’t know it was that easy! I would love to use some homemade pumpkin spice creamer in this for the perfect seasonal treat, thanks for sharing :)

2. Marina @ A Dancer's Live-It — October 13, 2016 @ 6:43 am (#)

I absolutely LOVE the Bliss creamer, and I’m so happy you use it in your lattes too! I also need to get on board with cold brew!

3. Cora — October 13, 2016 @ 7:36 am (#)

Whooaaaa I had no idea this is how you did your lattes! What a brilliant way of doing an easy at home cold brew coffee! I need my lattes hot so I’d be giving it a good nuke. Definitely trying this!

• Kylie — October 13, 2016 @ 8:43 am (#)

Enjoy, Cora!

4. Kori — October 13, 2016 @ 7:52 am (#)

Genius! Your lattes always look amazing. I will have to try this using Matt’s French press soon. =D

• Kylie — October 13, 2016 @ 8:43 am (#)

You must, you must! SO good:)

5. Chelsea | Baked Greens — October 13, 2016 @ 8:02 pm (#)

Yum! I love pouring the milk/cream into a mason jar and shaking it up first, then pouring cold brew on top and drinking it right out of the jar. The extra frothy/foamy milk makes it feel extra latte-ey. ?

• Kylie — October 13, 2016 @ 9:29 pm (#)

So smart!!!

• Ruth — October 28, 2016 @ 3:08 pm (#)

I LOOOOVE this idea! Brilliant :) thanks for sharing!

• Kylie — October 31, 2016 @ 2:30 pm (#)

Enjoy, Ruth!

6. Hannah — October 13, 2016 @ 9:48 pm (#)

Dude, I love this! Have you ever tried cold brew + Fairlife chocolate milk + cinnamon? Shake that bottle of liquid chocolate joy for a good 30 secs and pour it over the coffee…its frothy and chocolatey and holy crap, it sounds so simple, but it’s something you have to experience.

7. Amy @ Thoroughly Nourished Life — October 14, 2016 @ 1:03 am (#)

You’ve turned me into an iced latte convert! I was so happy when I started seeing them on our local chain coffee store menu! They are just perfect at any time of day and so refreshing without making me sleepy like a warm, milk cappuccino does :) Now I’m going to have to try making them at home! Thanks Kylie :)

8. Hannah — October 14, 2016 @ 2:45 pm (#)

Thank you so much for sharing! I’ve always been so curious about how you make your iced lattes–can’t wait to try this. It’s still so hot here in Austin, so I have a feeling I’ll be sticking with iced for a while. :)

9. jordan @ dancing for donuts — October 16, 2016 @ 9:42 am (#)

um wait that’s so smart that you throw a little creamer in there!!!! genius. thanks for sharing – always been a huge fan of your blog :)

• Kylie — October 17, 2016 @ 6:02 pm (#)

creamer FTW!

10. CYNTHIA — October 17, 2016 @ 3:06 pm (#)

Yeeessss for STUMPTOWN COFFEE!!!!!LOVE IT=)

11. Ange // Cowgirl Runs — October 18, 2016 @ 4:03 pm (#)

I think you may have just changed my life ;)

• Kylie — October 18, 2016 @ 4:54 pm (#)

LOL enjoy!