Microwave Cinnamon Roll for One

Cinnamon rolls rank up there with the happiest things in life.

Microwave Cinnamon Rolls for One (13 of 17)

Things like a) Labrador puppies who’s paws are 3 times too big for their bodies, b) rooftop bars in New York City and c) having slumber parties with you sisters.  Speaking of the latter, Saturday night my two sisters and I had a sisters’ night.

As soon as I heard word of this slumber party I knew it would involve 2 things: 1) food and 2) watching (and quoting) every single line of She’s the Man.  The night for sure involved those two things and then, after She’s the Man, we started watching season 1, episode 1 of Serena van der Woodsen’s life (aka Gossip Girl).  And then we watched episode 2.  And then we (luckily) all fell asleep.  Ugh.  Netflix.  It’s like a vacuum that sucks you in and doesn’t let you go.

Actually, really any high school drama show sucks me in.  I could (and have) sat and watched the lives of Seth, Ryan, Marissa and Summer for hours upon hours.

Microwave Cinnamon Rolls for One (3 of 17)Microwave Cinnamon Rolls for One (4 of 17)

In between our highly important Gossip Girl watching and cheesecake eating, we also managed to add in a quick trip to the galleria to find them bridesmaid dresses for my wedding.  All three of us are like the slowest shoppers EVER so it was kind of concerning when we managed to find bridesmaid dresses for them both (none of my bridesmaids are matching) in under 2 hours.  Seriously, who are we?!

Microwave Cinnamon Rolls for One (5 of 17)Microwave Cinnamon Rolls for One (6 of 17)

Then we went and ate at Fadi’s.  I love Mediterranean food.  The quickest way to my heart is with tzatziki sauce and feta.  Oh, and umm…cinnamon rolls.  I wish I could say I was deeper than that but sadly…I’m not.  Hmmm how could I incorporate my love for those 3 things into my wedding?  I’ll work on that.  In the meantime, you should make this here easy cinnamon roll recipe for breakfast.

Microwave Cinnamon Rolls for One (15 of 17)

Microwave Cinnamon Roll for One
Dough
  1. 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp oat flour, packed
  2. 1/2 tsp baking powder
  3. scant 1/8 tsp salt
  4. 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
  5. 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp ripe banana, mashed
Filling
  1. 2 dates, pitted (should be soft, not super dry)
  2. 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  3. {Optional: Chobani vanilla greek yogurt for icing}
Instructions
  1. In a small bowl, combine oat flour, baking powder and salt. Add in coconut oil and mashed bananas. Stir until a dough is formed. Roll dough into a ball. Set aside
  2. For the filling, cut pitted dates into pieces and use the back of a fork to mash them into a paste. Add in cinnamon and continue to mash together until cinnamon is incorporated into the mashed date paste.
  3. Sprinkle a flat surface with oat flour and roll out the ball of dough into a LONG rectangle. Make the sides of the rectangle straight by using a knife to slice off the uneven edges. Press the dough you cut off back into the rolled out dough and continue to roll the dough into an even longer rectangle.
  4. Spread the cinnamon-date paste over the rolled out dough. Fold the dough in half LENGTHWISE. Now, roll up the folded over dough into a pinwheel so that it makes a cinnamon roll shape. Place rolled up cinnamon roll into a large, greased, microwave-safe mug or ramekin. If desired, gently press the cinnamon roll down so it takes the shape of your dish. Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and top with 'icing' if desired. Serve hot.
Serves 1
Yeah...imma eat that http://immaeatthat.com/

Microwave Cinnamon Rolls for One (14 of 17)

About Kylie

Hello! My name is Kylie and imma eat that. I like to EAT. I try to make it healthy. And I love you, for being here.
This entry was posted in Breakfast, Single Serving. Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Microwave Cinnamon Roll for One

1. Amy says:

I made your oatmeal stuffed date with peanut butter this weekend… holy crap.. amazing! Thanks Kylie :)

• Kylie says:

YAY!! I love stuffing things with things. Seriously, there is few things that excite me more:)

• Gaby says:

I just found that recipe and OMG you’re a genius! I eat a lot of dates or figs stuffed with PB, never thought to make a cookie out of it.
        This is also timely because I’ve been craving cinnamon rolls and needed a gf recipe. Thanks!
        Are you in Houston by chance? I thought I saw something about it. I’m in Houston and love finding local bloggers I have things in common with :)

• Kylie says:

Hi Gaby!! Glad you like the recipe! I too eat a lot of PB stuffed dates…I don’t eat too many figs but I just bought some and need to add some variety to my date eating! And yes, I am from Houston:)

2. I literally started drooling when I saw this on Insta! Making this first thing when I get home tonight! Amazing!!!

3. I am in complete agreement with your feelings on Netflix. I think it’s one of the best and worst things that I’ve ever discovered. Last night I started a new show called The Glades. It’s tagline is “Sunny with a chance of homicide.” Enough said. It’s quirky and awesome. I seriously have no idea what to do when I find a show that I want to watch and it’s neither on Hulu or Netflix.

When I saw the title for your recipe I expected something highly caloric and a little unhealthy, albeit obviously delicious. I’m not sure why I was surprised when it was the complete opposite. It seriously looks like a cinnamon roll but is basically just an oatmeal bake. And you get me every time with the greek yogurt “icing” because it looks so much like the real thing!

• Kylie says:

I always feel so deceiving because of that icing! Greek yogurt is a total icing copout but it’s just so easy. And so good…not buttery-sugary-icing good but appropriate-for-breakfast good:)

And I’d say I was gonna check out The Glades but I need to be productive today…must stay away from netflix…for at least the next 12 hours;)

4. Kaitlin says:

How funny we watched that movie yesterday too! Greek food is divine but I haven’t found a good place yet. Happy Monday!

• Kylie says:

It’s just the best movie;) Every once in awhile everyone needs a little She’s the Man in their life:) I hope you find a good Greek food place soon! Everybody needs a “go-to” gyros place!!

5. Cinnamon rolls certainly are one of the happiest things in life! And, this would make me very happy indeed. It looks delicious :-)

6. Liz says:

Thank you. I agree with you about the puppies and their big paws. They are so darn cute.

7. Cait's Plate says:

Brilliant! This definitely needs to be made soon in my house!

8. Ashley Bee says:

I love that it’s oat flour and pretty much a healthy option! Great job :)

9. You just made my MONDAY!!!

10. How cool is that! I love cinnamon rolls, but don’t make them as often since I don’t know what to do with a whole bunch. This one is a great single person way to enjoy the cinnamon bun – will try it soon.

• Kylie says:

Single serving recipes are my favorite!!! Especially with cinnamon rolls and things so I don’t end up eating pastries for breakfast…and then lunch…and then dinner;)

11. What a crazy cool idea! Single lady cinnamon roll. This bowl of beauty would make any morning happy. Great idea Kylie!

12. Umm don’t even get me started on the crazy stuff that Netflix forces (let’s call it that, ok?) me to watch. But anyway….I am SO excited about this cinnamon roll! Can’t wait to try it. Stupid question though: is it ok to replace coconut oil with olive oil, or would that be too watery?

• Kylie says:

I think olive oil could work fine! Flavor-wise…a more neutral oil like canola might be better though. I hope you try them:))

13. Alison says:

I’ve never watched Gossip Girl, but I’m probably better off not watching it or else I might be a victim of that Netflix vacuum.
    But these cinnamon rolls? Genius and totally worth getting addicted to ;)

14. Ruta says:

No way. I’ve wanted a single serving cinnamon roll recipe forever, mostly because I can’t trust myself with a whole batch. Gosh, cinnamon rolls are so good! Thanks for the recipe.

• Kylie says:

Haha I can’t trust myself with a whole batch of warm, gooey cinnamon rolls either:) I hope this single serving recipe will do the trick for you too:))

15. Gaby says:

Cool! We can share restaurant tips! Middle eastern is my favorite, probably the only cuisine I could have every day without getting tired of! What part of Houston are you in? I live midtown but actually doing a lunch date tomorrow around Hillcroft to go to the Indian grocery stores and probably go to Bijan or Kasra, yum!!

• Kylie says:

NEAT! Midtown is such a fun area…tell me you’ve been to Gnocchi night at Piola?! And I’m moving just inside the loop come December. I went to Shiva, in Rice Village, for dinner last night. Haven’t been to Bijan or Kasra though!

16. Carly says:

You’ve must have seen that I had pinned your two cinnamon roll recipes and then got nervous due to the whole yeast thing, but now, well I have no excuses! These look delish(:

PS- love She’s the Man, my sister and I were just saying how its crazy that Amanda Bynes has gone off the deep end…

• Kylie says:

Ugh don’t even remind me:( Poor Amanda. While we were watching She’s the Man I said…”I wish Amanda Bynes could see how much happiness she brings our family”…haha sounds silly but SERIOUSLY!!

17. Ah so pretty! Love the post and will be making soon.

18. Gaby says:

I have not been to gnocchi night, which I know is ridiculous. I should be ashamed. I have been to Piola, and the smells when I go work out at 24 drafting up from that place make it really difficult to actually walk into the gym and not just go eat pizza lol. I love gnocchi though! My family is from Argentina so we’ve always celebrated that tradition on the 29th. Sadly, I”ve finally linked my migraines directly to gluten products, but it’s really simple to make them yourself!
    so I’m guessing you’re moving after you get married? Do you have a place in mind already?
    I’ve never been to Shiva but really considering Indika for restaurant week.

19. Jen says:

These are DELICIOUS!! Even my sister (who NEVER eats anything remotely healthy) LOVED them!! :) Thank you for a delicious, easy, HEALTHY, single-serving cinnamon roll!! You are a genius. Seriously. I LOVE your blog!! I also have a question… would this recipe work in the oven?? That may be a really dumb question, but I’m not a huge fan of the microwave. The dough is SO delicious, and I LOVE the texture! I was just wondering if it would turn out the same in the oven. THANKS!

• Kylie says:

I’ve never tried it in the oven but I think it would be fine. My guess would be just bake it for like 10 minutes at 350F!

20. This is SO adorable and creative :)

21. Raquel says:

I just made this and OMG i was in heaven! It tasted exactly like the real thing..never again Cinnabon

22. Pingback: {The Recipe ReDux}: Lunch in a Jar | Yeah...imma eat that.Yeah…imma eat that.

23. This looks so yummy! I might just have to make it this weekend. Thanks for the awesome recipes!

24. Aicha says:

I’m going to try this as a night meal! I hope it’s okay I don’t break the breakfast rule (?) haha! It looks so good I can’t WAIT!

25. Pingback: No-Bake Pumpkin Cookie Dough Bars | ImmaeatthatYeah…imma eat that.

26. Pingback: Easy Microwave Gingerbread Cookies - The Nerd's Wife

27. Pingback: {The Recipe ReDux} Sponsored Recipe Contest: Healthier Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies | Yeah...imma eat that.Yeah…imma eat that.

28. Pingback: Easy Microwave Cinnamon Roll | IMG Recipes| Share Your Favorite Recipes, Cooking Tips & Food Images

29. Pingback: Gluten Free Dessert Recipes - Living Smart Girl

30. Pingback: Two Cinnamon Rolls. | Yeah...imma eat thatYeah…imma eat that

31. Lena says:

Can this be rolled into balls to make this cinnamon roll bite-sized? If so what do you suggest with the oven method? I prefer the oven so if I roll this into 1-inch balls what temperature, and how long do you suggest for it to be in the oven?

• Kylie says:

Hey Lena! I’d say 350F for 8-10 minutes. Let me know how they turn out! I love the idea of cinnamon roll balls…I might have to do a separate blog post for that!