The end of pregnancy is not cute lol.
When I look down my view is still…
As this pregnancy winds to an end I thought I’d share some of the not cute parts I’m experiencing:
- hemorrhoids. Which my OB has said will get worse when pushing Raz out. I have been trying to be aware of my fiber intake to make things less painful for myself now, but honestly I think some people are just more predisposed to get them. I eat fiber when it sounds good/makes sense…but a lot of times in pregnancy just looking at broccoli makes me nauseous haha
- peeing/leaking constantly. I’m constantly wearing a pad these days due to random pee leaks and mucus galore that keeps coming out. I hate pads. HATE THEM and haven’t worn them since I was like 13 years old. All my friends say diapers + pads will be my best friend after delivery tho.
- sweat. It’s not a pregnancy “glow”…it’s sweat glistening. Constantly and everywhere.
- mood. (not really a cute or uncute thing…but I’m lumping it in here.) Every other day my mood seems to swing. Monday sucked (which was why there was no blog post earlier today) and today was 100% better and I felt awesome. Getting out of the house helps A TON.
- rolling over in bed. I honestly feel like I’m trying to back a semi-truck into a driveway when I try to roll over in bed at night. It’s not in a “I feel ginormous” way…it’s just a “I have no use of my ab muscles so I can’t crunch to sit up and go to the other side” way. I have to shimmy my self up on one side, scoot up a bit, twist to the other side, shimmy back down, etc. It’s just physically challenging with da belly.
OF COURSE the reward we’ll be getting any day now makes all this worth it.
In other news…I’m keeping myself busy by planning at least one outing a day with my parents/friends/Andrew/myself.
Monday morning I took myself to River Oaks Donuts for breakfast.
I don’t like their donuts enough to go here regularly, but the one fun thing they do is have donut holes in EVERY flavor.
Why don’t all donut shops do that? They have glazed blueberry, red velvet, cinnamon sugar, old-fashioned…list goes on and on.
Other things that have been going on that are funny enough to share: The one night I thought I was in early labor Andrew put on old Oprah clips (that wasn’t recommended in the Bradley book lol)…but they were so funny.
a favorite things episode…
and then a Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan one. So funny.
I had an OB appt this past Monday and it was fine. My doctor gave Raz an eviction notice for the week before Thanksgiving. So I believe that means baby will be here November 17th at the latest. My OB’s office isn’t scheduling any inductions the week of Thanksgiving, so baby will have to be induced next week if she hasn’t come out on her own.
Random thing…I wasn’t a big fan of the documentary The Business of Being Born. Mainly because 1) I usually hate documentaries bc most are obnoxiously one-sided/black-and-white. And 2) bc I thought it painted all OBs as idiots and I believe most in the medical field aren’t trying to ruin your life or harm you…they’re just doing their best to keep you safe. That said, I do tell my clients that sometimes the ‘MD’ behind a doctor’s name can stand for “Maybe Dumb” because MDs can say super restrictive comments concerning food and tend to make people feel awful about their body size.
Anyways, I did laugh a bit on the inside when I was told I couldn’t go 2 weeks past my due date because it was a holiday and my OB wouldn’t be scheduling inductions that week. I would think supporters of The Business of Being Born would be like, “see!” haha
At this point I’m like whatever. I just wanna meet baby. I’ll be super surprised if baby stays put until the 17th. I’m planning a visit to the acupuncturist soon to see if that can get things going :)